Monday, April 6, 2009

Soul Catcher

Soul Catcher Soul Catcher by Michael C. White

My review

rating: 3 of 5 stars
Frankly, I was disappointed that it didn't have the supernatural sort of undertones that I expected from reading the description. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff.

What I found interesting is that one can gain a feel for the mentality of the southerner and how slavery could be acceptable...how one could come to appreciate Cain,the main character in the book. He never really seemed like a villain even though he was a soul catcher(or slave catcher).

By the end of the book, the moral question of slavery comes full circle and slavery takes on the full measure of its inhumane nature.

At the end, Cain never stops being a Southerner, but has a change of heart concerning the appropriateness of slavery.

It was a good book. I'd recommend it.

View all my reviews.

No comments: